Thursday, April 5, 2012

Birthday Card & Birdhouse

Here's a Birthday Card and gift I made for my friend using my new skills from the Creative Chemistry 101 class. I filled the purchased birdhouse with potpourri which is where the flower and butterfly came from. The butterfly is attached with glue and the flower is just wedged behind the bird. I added the Littlest Pet Shop bird by tying it on to the perch and it fit just perfect as well as can be removed.

The die-cut bird and cage, on light blue Bazzill cardstock with Sizzix Vagabond, uses the rusted enamel distress ink technique. Distress Stickles gives a little texture and shine to the matt cardstock. The ribbon bow was hand dyed with distress ink from pads and glued on rock candy distressed medallion. A little Perfect Pearl was water misted on bird. A key charm was added with jump rings to the top of the cage. The small Date ticket was stamped on Kraft resist paper and distressed. I found these pre-cut tag-shaped cards with envelopes at Michaels.

No comments:

Post a Comment