Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 10 - THCC 101


Day 10 - THCC 101
Originally uploaded by Sandra SS
Distress Stickles Technique.
I can't believe this is the last day's project. This class has been so educational. I haven't done this much stamping at one time ever. All three of these tags use color Distress Stickles (Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Fire Brick Red - set) rather than the clear Distress Rock Candy Stickles although it's hard to see in the photograph. The butterfly is another attempt at Day 8's lesson. I had the hardest time with the Rock Candy Crackle. I was being oh so patient with letting them slow dry. They were looking beautiful until they were dry and all the crackle was flaking off! I think it was because these were pre-cut cardboard shapes that I applied Snow Cap pigment ink and Perfect Pearl layers before I put the crackle on. One or both of these seemed to resist the Rock Candy (more like repelled!) once it was dry. In an attempt to save them, I put another layer on, heat dried and then put some alcohol inks on as I don't have any re-inkers or stains yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment