Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 3c - THCC 101


Day 3 - THCC 101
Originally uploaded by Sandra SS
Archival Resist
As with Days 4 & 5, I did not have all the supplies necessary for this lesson so tried some workarounds to learn the steps for future use. For both tags, I used Caran d'Ache Nupastels to draw the resist elements. This particular oil pastel is unlike any other brand in its properties. I fell in love with them after taking a journaling workshop with Teesha Moore so bought a set. I also learned media that doesn't work well on gloss paper, wax-based colored pencils (Prismacolor), and wax crayons. The first tag on the left was least successful as far as reproducing the lesson however I love how it came out! I tried using Snow Cap pigment ink instead of Archival which did resist a little. The image is not a stamp but a one of a kind vintage metal printing plate for an ad that maybe came from the 60's. I didn't know if it would produce an image or not. I inked it up and layed the paper on top of it rather than trying to stamp it. I ended up drawing with Nupastels on top as the resist was faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment