Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 5 - THCC 101


Day 5 - THCC 101
Originally uploaded by Sandra SS
Stamping with Stains, Stained Kraft Resist, Marbled Stains.
I didn't actually have all the materials (stains, kraft resist) required for this day's lesson so I came up with some workarounds. This enabled me to first, at least go through the steps to understand the lessons. Second it challenged me to come up with alternate media in my stash that have similar chemical properties and might produce similar results. I substituted white acrylic paint and distress inkpads for the first and last tags. The middle Kraft Resist was the least successful as far as demonstrating the lesson however I'm pleased with the final outcome. I didn't have any Kraft Resist paper so used Seasons scrapbook paper with clear embossing. It did not resist the Archival ink at all (duh!) so I used stamp cleaner to wipe some off. This also blurred the stamped image a little which gave it an interesting quality. I really want to try this when I have the chance to pick up the right paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment