Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Day Three – Celtic Crosses and Ornate Type

I did a few things today. I started another flower fairy watercolor which I will post when finished. My daughter asked me for some help with the construction of a Celtic border pattern and how it could be done in Illustrator or Photoshop. After sending me her sketch and a similar Googled image, I began to deconstruct the design. At first I thought it would be pretty difficult but after analyzing it, I saw that it really is only a couple of repeating shapes. So I made a few simple sketches on my phone with a paint app. They are pretty rough but the shapes can be seen fairly easily.

The letters I actually did yesterday but didn't really fit with Day Two's post. Someone at my last ATC group meeting was getting rid of this complete wood mounted rubber stamp alphabet set, Ornate Floral by Stampin' Up. Being a typophile, I couldn't let these go! Each one was stamped with black Ranger Archival ink on white cardstock. I will be scanning the stamped letters to use later for my own digital projects. Their actual size is about 5/8". There is just something cool about using rough imperfect letters with computer art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment