Saturday, June 20, 2015

Day Twenty – Strange Fruit

My creativity energy today was focussed on setting up our Apple TV. The main incentive came from having missed the first episode of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, a new mini series on BBC. It was available on demand but only in SD. We're so spoiled by HD. I tried recording a repeat broadcast but it turned out to be an error in the guide. Hearing that it was available on YouTube, I hoped Apple TV would save me from having to watch on computer or tablet and it did! It was easy to set-up and the streaming YouTube video was full screen crystal clear HD quality.

Jareth, The Goblin King

I really liked the show so far. It takes place in early 19th century Britain as if magic was real, just not considered reputable. It is based on the Hugo Award winning book by Susanna Clarke. It seemed a little slow but when this male bad faery character appeared I almost thought David Bowie's Goblin King role had been reprised. Like some other shows about magic, such as Once Upon A Time, we get a sense that magic always comes with a price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment