Friday, June 12, 2015

Day Twelve – Red, White, Blue

I spent most of today finishing 15 artist trading cards for Saturday's meeting which should be enough. I will have 5 to work on at the meeting to have a few leftover for the Carson Rubber Stamp Convention ATC trade in July.

Shown here are my collage sheets printed from my original hand stamped and colored images. I adhered them to cream cardstock with Golden matte medium then roughly separated them. Then each was cut out with more detail. 

Here's another shot of the assembly line adding washi, fabric and lace tape. I used distress ink and blender to age the trims a bit. With some family feedback, I decided to place the star and lace trims horizontally behind the main images instead of vertically. Bubble wrap scraps were adhered to backs to add some dimension. 

They always take longer than I estimate when having to do several at a time. I will post a photo of the finished variations tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment