Thursday, June 25, 2015

Day Twenty-Five – Tiny Dancers

According to Kandinsky, "Blue is the colour of spirituality: the darker the blue, the more it awakens human desire for the eternal."

I created another zen chalk mandela drawing in the morning to add to yesterday's seven. Then went through some stamps I've been wanting to use but didn't have time for. I settled on a pair of ballet dancers, an architectural feature and a postal. Then for paper, I chose some shimmer cardstock in eggshell and coral, and some flecked vellum. The dancers were stamped with a blend of distress ink pads in chipped sapphire, dusty concord and tumbled glass. I also spritzed with water on some. Then I stamped the building on old book papers. I wasn't happy with it not showing up well on the black type so got some stencils out and applied some contrasting colors with iced spruce, peeled paint and wild honey. I also misted with some water to soften and dabbed some white picket stain. I'm not sure if I'll use the vellum but at least the images stamped with distress ink did dry as some vellum does not take ink well. Eventually these will be used for ATCs.

Chalk Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment