Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day Twenty-Seven - Rhythm and Hues

Top left drawing of Gershwin by Al Hirschfeld.
Top right cell from Fantasia 2000 by Eric Goldberg.
All others are from film also. 
The last few days have been a combo mini-getaway and film fest so I'm separating into a few days' posts. First I started watching Fantasia 2000 which this is only the second time I've seen this film. There is so much to be inspired from! George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue is a pure delight. The art was inspired by the style of Al Hirschfeld who was also a consultant with Eric Goldberg to create. This is one of my favorite pieces of music and setting its rhythms and hues to animation captured all the spirit perfectly.
"Fantasia was an Harmonic Convergence of Idea, Music and Artist."
This interesting quote came from the DVD extras, concerning The Steadfast Soldier but I think it applies to the entire film.

No comments:

Post a Comment