Saturday, June 13, 2015

Day Thirteen – Fair Trade

I completed 15 artist trading cards for my Long Beach ATC group that meets at Lyons Art Supply downtown. I took the remaining card parts and worked on a few more for future trades at the meeting. Lunch, lively conversation and trading cards with eleven other artists makes it a little distracting for getting too much done so I just take enough to keep busy. We also walked to a nearby recycle store, LB Depot for Creative ReUse, where I picked up a few things including what looked like accordion folded drapery samples that I can see using for binding pages in for handmade books and journals.

The theme this month was "red, white and blue." Pictured above is a summary of the steps from Days Ten, Eleven and Twelve to make the cards and a closer view of three finished cards.



Here are all 15 card variations created. I used Tim Holtz Seasonal paper to cut out tiny embellishments and Sakura gel pens to add accents here and there. The cards were met with some nice comments from the group. I came home with a really nice collection of traded cards which almost everyone stuck to the theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment